At Craigieburn Central Medical Clinic, our specialist doctors and GPs care about your overall wellbeing. This includes both your mental and physical health.
Some useful tips on looking after your mental health
- Keep socially connected online. Set up regular calls, video chats or sms/text your friends and family
- Maintain a routine. Whether it be cooking, cleaning, reading a book or picking up a new hobby to practice daily. This can help to create a sense of normalcy
- Eat healthy – diet can often have an impact on your mental wellbeing. Ensure to plan for a variety of nutritious meals
- Home exercise – maintaining physical fitness can help reduce stress levels. Check out some in home classes online. There are plenty out there to choose from!
- Focus on what you can control rather than what you can’t – like washing your hands and maintaining a physical distance.
- Remember, that this is only temporary and it will pass
There are professional mental health services available for you
At Craigieburn Central Medical Clinic, we have an excellent team of GPs and specialists available for consultation. Our doctors are available to speak to you and guide on some useful tools to help you through this process. Click here to book a consultation.
Did you know? there is a Coronavirus Wellbeing Support System funded by the Australian government. This service is available 24/7 and is free for all Australians. Check them out here.
There are also online and phone based services available
You’re not alone, we’re all #InThisTogether
Join the #InThisTogether national conversation. This is an user generated social media initiative. Everyone can join in on sharing practical tips online to support the mental health and wellbeing of Australians during COVID-19.
Click here to find out more about this campaign